Occupational Safety and Health American Council (OSHAC) designed this program for current or potential OSH managers or directors who are responsible for establishing or managing their organization's safety and health program.
If you are a current or prospective safety manager, it's essential you complete this program. By completing this program, you will be able to:
- Learn how to effectively manage a company's safety and health program.
- Develop the skills needed to build an effective safety management system (SMS).
- Understand the safety manager's role, responsibilities, and qualifications.
- Continue to build on your leadership skills and ability to effect positive change.
Managers are responsible for ensuring all employees are trained to safely perform their job duties in the dangerous. By completing this program, managers will be able to:
- Monitor workers and the environment to quantify the risks associated with your worksites.
- Develop safety policies to improve standards for worksites.
- Prepare for emergencies.
- Improve system quality through reduced workplace accidents and injuries.
OSHAC designed this program for managers, within an organization who operates. Any individual who is responsible for ensuring employees are knowledgeable about working in a safe manner should complete this program.
What is the right career path for you?
There are several safety positions with different levels of responsibility in an Occupational Safety and Health career path. Each advancing level typically requires higher levels of experience, education, and knowledge and skills in leadership, business practices, safety and health, and communication and information technology.
OSHAC wants to help our students who want to learn about these career opportunities..